PayPal is committed to helping encourage fast shipping and consistent customer service from sellers so that buyers have a great experience when they shop. As part of this effort, for some eBay sellers who are establishing a successful selling history, funds from their eBay sales will be pending in their PayPal account for up to 21 days before the funds become available. This applies to items listed and sold on eBay.com, eBay.ca, and cafr.eBay.ca
Why aren’t my funds available as soon as my buyers pay?
Here are the most common reasons why:
- You have a Below Standard seller rating on eBay
- You have a limited selling history on eBay, which means that any of the following are true:
- It’s been 90 days or less since your first successful sale on eBay, or
- You’ve made 25 or fewer sales transactions on eBay, or
- You’ve sold $250 or less on eBay
- We believe there may be a high level of risk associated with your account or your transactions. This can include risk that your account will have a higher number of eBay Buyer Protection cases, PayPal disputes, PayPal claims, buyer chargebacks or other reversals.
What can I do to help get my funds more quickly?
Typically, you’ll get funds in 21 days – even sooner if you follow good shipping practices:
- If you print shipping labels through eBay or PayPal, funds should be available 3 days after we can confirm that the order was delivered. Your tracking information uploads automatically, and you’ll get funds to help cover shipping, too.*
- If you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx and manually enter shipment tracking information on eBay or the PayPal Transaction Details page, funds should be available 3 days after we can confirm that the order was delivered.
- If you mark the item as shipped in My eBay but don’t upload tracking information, funds should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date OR
- If you don’t provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date cannot be calculated, funds should be available in 21 days.
Please keep in mind that it may take longer to get funds if your buyer reports a problem.
At what point will my funds be available as soon as my buyers pay?
The best ways to get funds immediately are to establish a successful history of selling on eBay and achieve and maintain eBay’s Standard, Above Standard or eBay Top-rated seller status by consistently satisfying your customers.
In most cases, eBay sellers with an established selling history and Standard or Above Standard performance rating in their eBay seller dashboard, or who are eBay Top-rated sellers, aren’t affected and will receive funds when a buyer pays.
*Certain restrictions may apply